Operating Grant Process
The call for 2023 MMSF Operating Grant Applications is now being accepted! The deadline for receiving applications is 4 p.m. on Monday, August 15, 2022.
The Manitoba Medical Service Foundation (MMSF) will consider the provision of funds for the advancement of scientific, educational, and other activities in the maintenance and improvement of the health of the residents of Manitoba. The primary focus of the Foundation is to promote and encourage the work of new health researchers in Manitoba.
Research applications are welcomed from Manitoba-based researchers in the health field, e.g., physicians, scientists, social workers, nurses, epidemiologists, and any other health workers engaged through organizations involved in the preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative care of persons or groups of persons.
Applications may be submitted in a language of your choice. However, to ensure that all applications are similarly and fairly adjudicated, any applications and related materials that are submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by an accurate translation issued by the primary investigator or a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada. Reviews, grant agreements, interviews and all correspondence will be conducted in English. The MMSF does not have the ability to translate applications, documents, or correspondence nor the ability to conduct interviews in any other language.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- Applicants should read the MMSF Operating Grant Guidelines and Criteria prior to completing the MMSF Operating Grant Application form.
- Application submission should be ONE COMPLETE PDF DOCUMENT ONLY, which includes all sections of the application.
- Applications will not exceed 40 pages of text that is single spaced and on 8 ½” x 11" letter size paper.
- Twelve (12) point font is to be used.
- All sections of the application form must be completed. If a section does not apply, state "Not Applicable" in the particular section.
- Do not submit a curriculum vitae of the applicant or collaborators. They will not be shared with any panel members reviewing the application.
- Applicants are to submit the complete application form with all signatures to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on August 15. Applications will NOT be considered if they are not complete or do not have appropriate signatures.
- All efforts should be made to obtain actual signatures. However, if that is not possible, electronic signatures will be accepted.
- Ensure that you receive a confirmation email from the MMSF Administrative Assistant that your application has been received by the application deadline.
- Misrepresentation of facts or academic dishonesty, including (without limitations) plagiarism, will result in disqualification of the application and possible suspension of the applicant from future competitions, as determined by MMSF in its sole discretion. The applicant and, at the sole discretion of MMSF, any party connected with the application, including collaborators, Department Head, Dean of the Faculty and/or Director of the Nominating Institution, may be notified in the event of disqualification based on misrepresentation of facts or academic dishonesty. In such circumstance, any documentation including the external peer review and grant application may be made available to any or all signatories on this application.